Saturday, June 14, 2014

Start of Something New

I thought I would give this blogging thing a try! I have been getting a lot of encouragement lately to start selling/marketing some of the creations that I make in my spare time and I thought this would be a good place to start! I love writing on chalkboards for parties and all my work can be customizable to fit the need of the event or place it will be used for. I also love painting (albeit be nothing fancy) I love giving gifts to people with a thoughtful message on it or something that reminds me of them. I've always loved trying to write in different fonts and doodling. Pretty much all of the stuff I write is not by stencil, it's all free hand. When I was teaching first grade, my wonderful teaching partner and I created a lot of materials from scratch for our school and classroom. Whenever we had an idea she always told me to "dodd it up" and make it look cute with borders or clip art, etc. So my blog, "dodd it up" {my last name is dodd} seemed to fit! I love brainstorming ideas and crafting and putting my own spin on things to make it my own. I still have my Teacher's Notebook Shop open and I take custom orders for labels and classroom decor when asked :) I'd like to say that my blog will be a little bit of everything and I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. You're so awesome Katie Dodd!! Dodd. It. Up. Crazy daisy!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Miss you too CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs! You are very talented! I really want to make a tree for my classroom and fell in LOVE with yours!! Would you please share how you did that? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik