Monday, July 21, 2014

Backyard and Front Yard Makeover! Part 1

This past week/weekend we have been crazy busy getting our house ready for our son's 1st birthday party! I cannot believe my little guy is turning ONE! Time flies by so fast! We are throwing him a nautical themed party and it should be a great time. My fabulous husband, my parents and brother, and myself worked hard this past weekend to turn our once barren backyard and front yard into a happy looking home! I don't have final pictures of them yet but here are some pictures I took along the way.

I snapped a couple of pics before they layed the sod down...which was A LOT of work...they hauled over 8,000 pounds of dirt to lower it and make it even. Our backyard isn't huge and it's a pretty unbelievable amount!!





While the boys were busy in the back, my mom and I placed the plants and flowers where we wanted them..when we moved in our yard had no living plants or flowers. 

The next day, planting began!


I still have to take some final pictures...we decided to add a little fence in the front yard to separate our yard from the neighbors and it looks adorable. It is finally looking like a home - like someone lives here! We figured having a party is the best motivation for doing some major yard improvements and it's just so nice to sit back and enjoy it! More pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. Time flies by so fast, doesn't it? First thing you know, you're holding your baby in your arms, then the second you blink, he's turning one. Hahaha! Anyway, the yard looks amazing. It's nice to see everyone working hard. I would love to see the outcome. Keep us updated! :)

    Sam Lucas @ Green Collar

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik