Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bon Voyage! :: A Going Away Party ::

It's Tuesday! Yay! A couple of weekends ago, my husband and I helped throw a going away party for my cousin who's going to Boston College in the fall...in fact, he's already there! Couldn't be prouder of him and his accomplishment! (...and a little jealous - i L O V E boston...) Anyway, we went full out BC colors for this party and it was super fun! I even tried making cake toppers for the first time and I think they came out pretty cute! My husband was in charge of appetizers and snacks for the party and boy can he cook...what I lack in the cooking department he makes up for it...definitely.

Here's a look at the party! Yay Boston College! Yay Nick!





Because I really like to reuse things for parties and stay frugal we reused the mason jars and chalkboards and the black chalkboard bunting banner. We ordered some pennants from BC for some outdoor decor. My aunt wanted it simple but cute and I think we accomplished that without going over the top! Balloons are always great for a little filler if you need some decorations but don't want to over do it!


I made oreo cupcakes with oreos on the bottom of the cake - in the cake - in the cream cheese frosting and on top! They were delish! 

  

Our menu: artichoke dip // bacon wrapped dates // pigs in a blanket // crackers and cheese // fruit and dip // meatballs // Mexican bean dip // pulled pork sliders // tomato basil and mozzarella toothpicks //




I've never made cake toppers before and I had some left over black chevron straws that I cut in half and attached to my paper design. It added just a touch of flare that was really cute. 

 Thanks for letting us celebrate with you Nick! Have the BEST time in college!! (he's in the middle)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik